Cart66 is different from other WordPress ecommerce plugins for two reasons.
- Easily put product forms and Add To Cart buttons anywhere you want
- Everything you need is built-in (including PCI compliance and payment security)
Put A Product On A Page And Sell It
The main driving purpose behind Cart66 is to make it really easy to put a product on your site and sell it. While you can use the built-in product pages, Cart66 focuses being simple to use and freeing you from the hassles you have to deal with when using other WordPress ecommerce plugins by letting you easily place products on anywhere on any page or post of your WordPress site.
A Cart66 Example Site
Before we dig into all the details, here is a Cart66 demo site showing:
- Featured products (product listing)
- New arrival (product listing)
- Listing products by category (like sports, electronics)
- Showing sale prices
- Built-in image gallery (click image to zoom)
- Secure cart and payment form using WordPress theme
Things You Can Do With Cart66
Here are a few links to some example of ways you can use Cart66 on your WordPress site.
- WordPress event registration
- Selling product bundles with a link (in email / social media / blog posts )
- Selling music on WordPress
- Accept donations (one-time or recurring)
- Send sales follow-up emails to your customers
- Online magazine subscriptions
- Put an Add To Cart button anywhere you want
Check out our Cart66 tutorials for more videos and articles about all kinds of things you can do with Cart66.
Keeping Things Simple
With Cart66 you do not need a special e-commerce theme. You can use any theme you want. If you already have a WordPress site and want to start selling something or accepting donations, Cart66 is perfect for you because you can just add Cart66 to your site and start securely accepting payments. You don’t even need your own SSL certificate.Things you don’t need when using Cart66:
- You don’t need an e-commerce theme
- You don’t need an SSL certificate (but you can use one if you want)
- You don’t need other e-commerce add-ons
- You don’t need to stress of PCI compliance
Secure Connected Services Included
Cart66 goes beyond what you can do with a plugin alone by providing a suite of secure connected services to handle things like:
- PCI compliance and payment security
- Over 100 payment gateways integrated for free
- Business class SMTP server sends all customer emails
(receipts, follow up emails, etc.)
- CDN for securely hosting and delivering digital product files (if you sell them)
- Real-time shipping rates quotes
- Built-in recurring billing engine for subscriptions and memberships
- and more…
WordPress For Design, Cart66 For Ecommerce
There are so many heavy, bloated themes out there that bundle a lot of unnecessary stuff you probably aren’t using and don’t need. The intention behind Cart66 is to use WordPress to design your site then add Cart66 to bring in the e-commerce functionality.
You can sell from anywhere on your WordPress site. Your “product pages” can be ordinary pages or posts on your site. That means you can pick any of the page templates your theme provides. Add images, embed videos, use your favorite gallery plugin to display images – then use Cart66 to place your product form (or just a Buy Now button) anywhere on your page – maybe even multiple places on the same page!
This is great if you have a lot of information about your products. For example, if you sell premium coffee and want to talk about where it comes from and why it’s better than other coffee, you can describe all of that and strategically place your Add To Cart buttons on the page.